The study aims at identifying, among a group of applicants, the best team leaders in Portugal.
The study is conducted once a year.
- The “Best Team Leaders” study is governed by this regulation and the promoters’ interpretation and implementation thereof shall prevail above all other.
- The methodology and ranking criteria fall within the exclusive sphere of competence of the promoters of the initiative.
- The promoters may review this regulation, and the candidates shall be informed of the changes using the most appropriate means.
The recipients of the study are the direct managers (team leaders with at least five people reporting directly to them) and, where the former does not apply, second level senior managers (team leaders with at least ten people reporting directly or indirectly to them).
The best team leaders are selected according to the following categories:
- Skills developing employees
- Skills developing the team
- Skills developing the company
- Personal characteristics
Conditions for Participation
- Participation in this study is voluntary and only leaders who registered previously will be studied.
- The applications are submitted using a specific form.
- Applications are subject to the payment of a registration fee.
- The applications may be submitted by the organisations that apply on behalf of their team leaders, or individually as authorised by the relevant organisation.
Methodology for Selecting the “Best Team Leaders”
- The initiative is advertised and organisations are invited to register their team leaders for participating, although individual applications may also be submitted.
- Following the registration, applicants are required to submit a list of employees who report either directly or indirectly to the manager concerned, to include them in the base survey of the team leader’s assessment study.
- The questionnaire is sent via email to the respondents.
- Individual answers shall be kept confidential.
- After the questionnaires have been answered, they are processed and each applicant’s final score is calculated on the basis of the weighted average of the questionnaires’ answers in relation to the applicant concerned (on a scale of 1-100).
- The best team leaders are ranked in descending order of the total score, while the applicant with the highest score, the top applicant managing the largest team and the best classified leader in the categories established by the organisers will receive an award.
- For the purpose of selecting the top leader of the largest team, the following criteria shall apply: teams with 5 to 9 employees; teams with 10 to 19 employees and teams with more than 20 employees.
- Applicants with less than 5 questionnaires answered and/or response rate below 70% are not included in the final ranking.
According to the selection methodology described in Article 7, the following candidates will be awarded:
The candidates with the three best scores overall;
The best-ranked leader with the largest team;
The best-ranked candidates by category.
Each candidate will receive an electronic report on the study with an analysis of the replies in the questionnaires by category and the benchmark of the overall study results.
The confidentiality of the questionnaires’ answers shall be ensured, and each candidate will be informed only of his own total scores through the reports sent to him. Except for the total scores of the applicants on the final list of “Best Team Leaders” and those who are entitled to use the “Best Team Leaders” logo.
Dissemination of Results
The “Best Team Leaders” will be announced on the initiative’s website and in the media.
All of the initiative’s participants will be invited to the award ceremony.
“Best Team Leaders” Marking
The candidates selected under the terms of Article 8 and the candidates who score above 70 points may use the “Best Team Leaders” logo with reference to the study year.
Acceptance of the Regulation
By entering the study applicants agree to all rules of this regulation.
How to Enter
Who can enter
The applications may be submitted by the organisations that apply on behalf of their team leaders, or individually as authorised by the relevant organisation.
Participation in this study is voluntary and only leaders who registered previously will be submitted to it.
This study accepts as applicants all leaders with:
– direct managerial functions in a team of at least five people who report directly to them;
– direct or indirect 2nd level managerial functions in a team of at least ten people who report directly or indirectly to them.
By entering the study applicants agree to all rules of this Regulation.
Applicants are subject to the payment of a registration fee of €350 per application (VAT accrued).
Special conditions (not cumulative):
– Members of the APG – 10% discount;
– Companies who registered in the previous year – 10% discount;
– Registration of 5 to 10 applicants – 20% discount;
– Custom offer for 11 or more registrations.
Paper questionnaires: for 10 questionnaires – €22.50